The APIS Industrialized Greenhouse Management application functions as a single source of truth. The system is an all-in-one platform that combines multiple data collection points and monitoring capabilities. The APIS platform integrates smoothly with existing BAS systems, process controllers, HVAC systems, and others for data harvesting. It provides secure dashboards, track-and-trace functionality, and quick access to retrievable data. This data provides benefit to production personnel, facility owners, auditors, and even data analysts. Users can access the platform via any internet accessible display such as tablet, phone, or laptop.
IGM monitors all data identified as part of the critical process parameters that are aligned with GMP, United States Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR part 11) and EU annex 11. The collected data provides compliant reporting for areas such as grow rooms, storage vaults, clean rooms, and critical temperature storage or production rooms, cold-chain, processing/sorting, and personnel access/security zones to name a few. However, the system does more than report. Set-point alarms against critical conditions, including security events, can also be generated in real-time with the benefit of secure, historical data providing invaluable lifecycle crop management information. Additional monitoring and customized reporting are available as specified by the client.
Our IGM function provides reliable insight via typical climate-zone monitoring instrumentation into the most crucial aspect of all stages of growth – climate. This module can make use of existing greenhouse monitoring hardware or incorporate our suite of high-quality, calibrated instruments.
The primary features can be listed as:
- Trending of Greenhouse climate conditions such as Temperature, Humidity, CO2 levels, Lighting Status (including intensity), Room Pressure, Outside Temperature, and Vapor Deficit
- Trend lengths and dates customizable based on user selection
- User selected trend variables displayed on the same graph for analytical comparisons
- Configurable trends via the user interface to generate .pdf reporting format and sorted in a secure archive or emailed to predetermined Authorized Personnel
- Alarm status, email notification, and historical reporting of alarms configured for environment monitoring
- Alarm limits and tolerances can be set and adjusted by Authenticated Users along with secondary E-Signature confirmation by Authorized Personnel
The heart of any agricultural facility, the irrigation system provides the most important function of all – delivering clean water, amended with the correct ratio of nutrients, and adjusted to the proper pH. However, without ensuring all aspects of this system are functional and monitored, irrecoverable damage can quickly occur.
APIS seeks to provide another layer of confidence to facility operators and growers with the following features:
- Step-by-step process for Fertilizer Batch Creation that allows verification of each step to ensure reliable and accurate recipe adherence
- Authenticated users can modify recipe requirements when a secondary Authorized E-Signature is provided
- Trending of Batch Production and Consumption of Fertilizer recipes that are created for irrigation consumption
- Historical reporting of Batch Creation, Batch Modification details, and Batch Consumption Distribution
- pH, EC, and temperature monitoring
- Alarm generation and notification if QA specs or verifications do not meet QA standards i.e. pH level, EC, and/or temperature out of range
The successful operation of a greenhouse or indoor facility is greatly enhanced by the accurate tracking and reporting of KPIs, like any other manufacturing process. In many industries, tracking KPIs can often be as simple as monitoring up time of equipment, units produced, and assessing the quality of the products manufactured. However, in the agricultural sector – many processes are accomplished by people, not with equipment, or a hybrid between people and semi-automation. APIS Intelligence tackles this complexity by solving the challenge of tracking and reporting data accurately. APIS Intelligence (AI) improves production by allowing the data driven assessment of processes to determine if they are successful. Success is custom defined by the client based on time availability, speed, and quality whether through equipment and/or people. AI even accounts for metrics which support financial insight into real production costs.
Functional benefits of APIS Intelligence include:
- At-a-glance dashboards of meaningful data
- Customizable inputs of performance measures
- Enterprise visibility allows best practices to be shared between sites
- Standardized score provided through OPE
- Integration with APIS Climate module
An effective security system ensures operational integrity whether during operational hours, or after employees have gone home for the day. In regulated industries, a 24/7 security system is mandatory, often requiring both time-synced video footage as well as in/out badging events and personnel tracking.
It is necessary with infectious diseases such as COVID-19, to track employee movement. The Security module identifies with whom and when exposure may have taken place. With APIS, real-time security considerations are a prime feature of this simple, but robust, system.
- Ability to log history and generate reports in various file formats of which rooms employees have accessed based on RFID swipe-access records
- Real time visualization of current employee location in a building based on the last recorded RFID entry or other sensors
- Integration of an additional layer via reporting dashboards, on top of existing systems provides for rapid, easy-to-read reporting
Product Safety and Compliance
Product Safety Compliance is the effective management of risk associated with anything that could bring harm to the end consumer. Operating in a compliant environment increases quality, increases brand strength, and ensures the delivery of safe products to the consumer. Product safety procedures help to protect and mitigate against risk of product contamination, while compliance initiatives such as system validation and risk assessment provide a means of tracing and verifying the safety of the products. Following established guidelines and standards for product safety and compliance (such as BRCGS and FDA 21 CFR Part 11) streamlines these efforts. By addressing key elements of compliance in operations, including security, verifiability, traceability, auditability, and user management, product safety becomes a natural and provable reality. Ensuring product safety compliance at all levels of operation reduces the risk of error, product holds, or product recalls while increasing confidence in the products and brand.
Leveraging extensive experience in the industry, APIS supports comprehensive product safety and compliance solutions. Our solutions offer simple and powerful capabilities, including:
- Secure storage of crop and climate data by Batch or by lot
- Safety audit trails with lot traceability – who, what, where, when, and why
- Alarm notifications and optional security integration for personnel tracking (COVID-19 relevant)
- Information integration from multiple systems to one point-of-access
- Optional FDA CFR Part 11 compliance package
- Optional OEE component for packaging and post-harvest metrics